LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-31-2004, 02:33 PM   #1
Adam
User

Exclamation Help with Luger markings.

I am new to the forums and I just wanted to say "Hello". I am 25 and I have been interested in Lugers for as long as I can remember. I live in Tennessee and have only seen one Luger (in person) in my life. It was at a gun show at the Appalachia fairgrounds. It was in rough shape with little blue, no straw, a mag with busted wooden bottom, broken walnut grips, a 30cal. barrel (shot out and removed), and had a replacement 9mm barrel. The guy wanted $450 for it. I talked him down to $400 and bought it. I didnt know at the time if it was worth the money, but it was the first and only one I have came across. Turns out it was in great working condition, I put in a wolf spring kit (Thanks to Thor for the main spring tutorial) and 6 inch 9mm barrel. I tried a few different grip types (including a pearl set) and settled on a pair of cheap walnut repros (they dont fit perfect near the sideplate, but the rest is perfect and at $25 I was pleased.) I have bought three repro mags, two are plastic bottom, one is walnut (for show).I also bought an takedown tool (marked 83)and a repro navy holster and dual mag pouch. I reblued the gun after some polishing and rust removal. I was supprised that all my numbers matched (minus the barrel and mags). It has no pitting (but has more than a few gouges and scratches) (the ejector spring is pitted quite a bit but works fine and looks decent enough). It has the crown N on the receiver (standing up) and on the middle toggle (sideways), and the "DWM" on the top. The serial is # 483 "h" and all the parts have the 83 on them. It also says "Germany" below the serial. I know it is a shooter due to the reblue and I am OK with that, BUT, I would like to know more about its origins. Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me. If you need more info just ask.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote