LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-12-2002, 01:34 PM   #1
rabbrt
User

Post Five Lugers in Yemen

Hi all,

Am a new user. I ran across five Lugers in the Souk here in Yemen and am considering a purchase(s). Thought the groupo might help me make a decision on whether or not to buy and what a 'fair' price is.

Provided below is a description of the first two (I will add the others later) as much as I could gather at the time in the shop(s) using the website guidelines:

Number 1
Toggle description: S/42 (Gothic S)
Chamber inscription: K
S & K Toggle Knob
Grip Safety not present
Stock lug present
9mm
Brown Plastic Grips - good condition
Safe rear - Gesichert

The letter 'S' on right side of receiver above proof marks, right side of trigger, left of take down button, left side of receiver (on that square panel?)right side of gun where mag release button comes through, front of trigger guard, on that thing that comes up when the safety is off?.

Proof marks on right side of receiver are from proof page #4, #44.

Bottom of barrel has 882 stamped below serial number.

All serial numbers match with exception of bottom of magazine. Magazine has the number 2 also.

Proof marks I couldn't find reference to. Down and left of the serial number on left side of receiver is what looks like a sun with rays radiating out of it, but sun has no center (kinda like a ring) with the number 8 in the middle. On the front of the gun (above the trigger guard and below the barrel) right below the serial number is what looks like half of a 10 point star (like you see on military guys chests) with the letter 'U' stamped in it. I know I'm reachin on this description people.

Gun still has over 95% bluing.

Number 2
Toggle description: DWM
Chamber inscription: 1921
S & K Toggle Knob
Grip Safety not present
Stock lug present
9mm
Brown Plastic Grips - good condition
Safe rear - Gesichert

Proof marks: bottom of barrel - proof page 1, #4, or proof page 3, #28 (crown over N).

Right side receiver proofs; 1st proof page 3, #31, 2nd proof page 3, #33, 3rd proof page 3, #31.

Bottom of barrel doesn't have serial numbers.

All serial numbers match including bottom of magazine. Magazine has the number 2 also.

Gun still has over 95% bluing.

Hope to initiate discussion and learn something. Will post the description of other three later, any suggestions on improving my input are welcome.

Regards,

Robert
rabbrt is offline   Reply With Quote