LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Swiss Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-30-2003, 05:57 AM   #1
Lugers down under
User

Post Help with a new Swiss Luger.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me with a new Luger acquisition.
The gun which is pictured above I describe as follow.
Frame; 1906/29 narrow trigger and guard with stock lug. Special note.
The frame (and slide) are the same length as the old model 5&3/16� rather than
5&2/32� of the new model. The extra 3/32� occurs a the result of the chamber and thus barrel thread being longer than usual. The gun has a crown over U lazy proof on the left side together with an eagle proof the like I have never seen before nor can I find in any of my books.

Serial number is 2411 b with the take down lever, trigger and safety bar having the last two digits 11. It has a shortened sear. Brown walnut fine chequered grips with no numbers or letters what so ever on the grips. There is a small P stamp behind the trigger pin hole.
On the inside floor behind the take down lever are the letters T N with an E in a circle and then T and a S.
The barrel is 9mm and is exactly 120 mm long, (4 & ?¾â?) and is stamped with the matching serial number and the Swiss cross proof and the Berness proof. It has the typical low profile front site.
The toggle is highly polished blue with the DWM logo, knurled toggels and has the Swiss type 1906 half round rear sight. There are no numbers on the toggle, toggle pin, firing pin or firing pin retainer.
\The magazine is bright nickel plated with a brown wooden base and has matching number 2411, The is a small stylised P on the bottom of the magazine back.
The magazine is identical to the one shown on page 191 of Vittorio Bobbaâ??s book Parabellum as Model 1906/29 â??Brown gripsâ?
The gun is very similar to the one shown on page 115 of Vittorioâ??s book except that mine has a longer barrel.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Murray