LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-09-2003, 12:18 AM   #1
Imperial Arms
Banned

Post Fine Tune Sight Adjustment Tools for LP-08

Over the past year, I have since numerous fine tune sight adjustment tools for the LP-08 being offered on eBay which are fetching between $60-$90. It gives me bad 'vibes' to see so many of these rare tools being sold which seem too good too be true.

Last month when I visited a friend in Italy to be entertained with his fine collection of Luger and Mauser pistols (as well as accessories), he shared some details with me which seemed to be correct in regards to these tools. He told me that the correct sight tools contained copper (which can be seen at the tip) and many of those on eBay are fake/repros. In addition, the checkering on the shaft appears to be bigger and course whereas the fake ones have smooth checkering.

Can any expert on this forum please share their views on this subject and provide any additional information (images always helpful) which can distinguish between a genuine and fake sight adjustment tool. Did these sight tools have any proof marks in the same manner as a loading tool or maybe a cleaning rod?

All opinions and comments are welcome which might help any collector from getting 'burned' with these tools even if it is less than a $100.

Thanks,
Albert
Imperial Arms is offline   Reply With Quote