LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-01-2002, 06:31 PM   #1
stanley miller
User

Post P-08 ????

I was given a P-08 Luger handgun by a friend of mine who happens to be a gun collector. It was given to him also, but he nor I was able to distinguish the weapons' origin. This piece has the DWM inscription on the toggle. Because it was supposidly in a fire or in an explosion, alot of the markings are very hard to distinguish. I cleaned it up as best that I could and was able to get a serial # from the frame below the barrel, that being 4857. The number 57 appears at least 5 times on various parts, including the barrel and the toggle. Under the serial # is the letter m. I also distinguish a possible crown/n on the bottom side of the barrel above the #57.The word GESICHERT is present on the safety. These are the only markings that I have been able to find. The overall length of the weapon is 8 1/4 inches. It appears that the barrel length is 3 inches.Can someone please help me identify the age and origine of this weapon.
stanley miller is offline   Reply With Quote