LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-12-2024, 10:22 PM   #1
Itsjohncena6969
User

Default Thumb latch question

Hello all, I've got a question here that might come across as dumb or overly cautious, but it comes from a place of wanting to be protective of my peice and not damaging it.(they don't really make more of them)

So I've taken it shooting at the range a few times, and I always take it home and clean it, brush it and oil it.

However on my particular peice I've noticed the "thumb latch"

The part labeled "4b" on this diagram

https://external-content.duckduckgo....497&ipo=images

Was extremely stiff. I had to use alot of force to move it back into place, so much so It popped put of the frame, and it took alot of fiddling but I managed to get it reinsert, (it appears to be friction fitted with a tiny rod inside the well to hold it firm), now with some lubricant I have the switch moving much more easily, It still securely locks and clicks in the vertical and in the horizontal positions, it stays in the frame with its friction fit. Although now I do notice it is easier to remove than before, whereas before it took alot of force to remove, I find I'm able to push it through without much effort when in the vertical position

Basically I just wanted to ask if this checks out, and make sure the peice is still in good operating shape, and that this won't lead to damage to the frame or the pin if I keep firing it at the range.
Itsjohncena6969 is offline   Reply With Quote