LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #1
jeb111
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Default refinished 1906?

I spotted a 1906 AE at a small out of town gunstore which I am really interested in but need a couple questions answered. First I am pretty sure the finish is original, it is BUG proofed an they are clearly visible although seem to be lightly struck. Thing that gives me pause is the strawing seems more faded so its wear doesn't seem to match up with wear on rest of gun. The finish looks great to my untrained eye I would call it better than 95%. Clerk wasn't much help as he didn't know much about this particular Luger's history or Lugers in general. What are some real tell tale signs of refinish, I know this has been gone over on the forum hundreds of times but couldn't find anything in archives. Also the grips if they aren't #ed is that a big deal as with firing pin? The #'s I did see did match, the clerk flipped out a bit when he thought I was trying to take it apart which I wasn't but take down lever was half way down and lip from sideplate ws exposed so I told him somebody didn't put it back together right. I just don't see enough Lugers in person to feel 100% confident in my knowledge maybe only 80%. but If everything checks out it is a great pistol one I have wanted for a long time. Price at 3300 seemed okay. Appreciate any feedback, tried to get a Brazilian few weeks back but that fell through. I know being impatient is a negative so I am doing my best to hold it together. I will check back near the end of the day, need to get back to work, ha ha might need the dough!
jeb111 is offline   Reply With Quote