LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-11-2020, 09:59 PM   #1
Kyle M.
User

Default 1916 dwm

So after finding out that the post war Mauser Parabellum I was looking at was a bit overpriced I decided to move on and look for something else until a deal popped up. I went to a local shop today to look at a Husqvarna M46 in 9.3x62 and saw this Luger. Naturally I forgot the rilfe right away and bought it. It's a 9mm DWM with a 1916 chamber date. All matching except the magazine, and rear toggle pin which doesn't appear to be numbered. Serial no. is 6058 with no import markings. The bore is excellent. I'm guessing this is an amateur refinish, no way this thing is 104 years old and in this good of shape.

I'm sure I overpaid but I was looking for a shooter, and being refinished I think I found one. It was still a lot cheaper than what some local sellers are asking for rough mismatch guns. I'd rather have overpaid for an original Luger than one of the post war ones. It may not have any collector value left due to the refinish but it still has it's history. Anything else anyone can tell me about this one? Also just curious what I should have paid roughly? I don't feel like I did bad but others would probably disagree. I can provide more pics if needed.

Kyle M. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Kyle M. for your post: