LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-28-2019, 09:49 PM   #1
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,001 Posts
Default sight adjustment tip!

Hi to all! This is from my work bench, and is a tip born out of necessity... As most of you know, adjusting the front sight on any Luger is a task fraught in danger (to the Luger!) and seldom ends well... The sight adjusting tools new made are pretty poor? And the originals and not strong enough for repeated use, or a very tight fitting front blade... So, in a shade tree sense of, "lets solve this issue?" I tried the follower to make the task easier, and even do-able...
First, I field strip the Luger, and as we are concentrating on sight adj. all we need is the barreled receiver and that is stripped as well...
Second, using scrape aluminum, or plastic 1/2" thick and 4 or 5" long for a cross piece, I insert this into the receiver forks, right up against the breech face, and rest the cross piece on two more pieces for support. If your are on track for what I've just described, you've eliminated any roll of the barrel or receiver, so we can move on to step three, ANOTHER piece of plastic!! With a hole drilled thru, so that we can rest the muzzle on and drive the sight (using brass punch or rod!) into the hole for removal, flip it over for installation??? … anyway that's how its done in my workshop, by my best elves...Best to all, til...lat'r...GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: