LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-01-2019, 05:54 PM   #1
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,429 Posts
Default Charles Danner down..Need help.

Charles Danner, some of you may know..as a top notch rust blue pistol restore artist. Without getting too deep into his problems, he is in a bad way and has stopped doing his usual excellent work. Knowing Charles work ethic, if he has stopped, it's serious.

So this being the case..Charles recommended to me a fellow by the name of Bill Schwartz out of Georgia. Oddly enough but it seems Bill Schwartz is also slowing down and has an apprentice, Travis.

All this being the case, I know nothing about Bill Schwartz or Travis except that he is someone Charles Danner knows etc.

I will also add this tidbit. It seems upon further research Bill Schwartz of Ga. Is indeed a fantastic man of many talents..with high end shotguns. NOT Luger's. It also appears that after a discussion with his apprentice Travis, these folks are a non starter when it comes to Military pistols.
Does anyone here know Bill Schwartz or have any experience with this man? It is going to behoove some of us to begin nailing down someone dependable to do what Ted Green & Charles Danner used to do.

So any comments/recomendations on this or the bluing/restoration dilemma would be appreciated.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."

Last edited by lugerholsterrepair; 02-01-2019 at 06:39 PM.
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 8 members says Thank You to lugerholsterrepair for your post: