LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-31-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
milesc2
User

Default GT the Magician

I wanted to show you all some more awesome work that GT did for me.

The first thing is a 7 shot FXO style baby luger mag. As far as I know almost all the “regular” baby luger mags only really hold 6 rounds. GT was able to use a new Mec-Gar and the FXO base to get an extra round in the tube. Another nice thing about his method is that you don’t need to weld up the mag tube slot because you don’t have to cut it in the first place. He really put a lot of thought into this design and after bench testing it appears to work well.

The second item is an original DWM mag that came to me with a parts Luger. The bottom was basically torn off and it was bent in almost every way possible, the follower was almost stuck in place as well. The before picture doesn't do it justice. I sure didn’t think it was salvageable but sent it to him anyway. He was able to straighten the tube back to spec and installed a GT spring and a nice wood base, it is now smooth as butter. The best part was he repaired this mag for free!

Also, this weekend I was able to get my GT revised drum to the range and it worked flawlessly. I put a video of it in action on the Luger Facebook page. I have not been able to get the smile off my face since.

Thanks again GT, you’re the best!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	73239  

Click image for larger version

Name:	B.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	73240