LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
rdfact
User

Default Franken-Luger

Hopefully I am posting in the correct place, I don't which parts of this are commercial vs military. Please excuse any incorrect terminology. I bought the HL Publishing eBook so most of my limited knowledge comes from that eBook.

Thanks in advance for any info and replies.

This is my first luger and I acquired very cheaply so I thought it was worth the gamble, knowing that it has some functionality issues.

The grips are repro plastic? No marks I can see.
The right side grip screw appears to be a hardware store replacement.
The magazine has no marks and has a plastic base plate, a Mec-Gar?
Not import marked.

The problem is it will often fire when it goes into battery. Testing this (unloaded), it seems to fire almost every time I rack it. The trigger will reset if you pull the toggle back just about a 1/4" until it clicks. But if I pull the toggle all the way back and let it go, simulating actual semi-auto firing, it fires on its own. If I reset the trigger and ease it into battery, I can look down the bore with a flashlight and see the firing pin is recessed under spring tension, ready to fire. Pull the trigger and can now see the firing pin forward no longer under tension. If I pull the toggle all the way back and let it go into battery, then look down the bore, the firing pin is forward, appearing to have fired on its own. I don't have any 9mm snap caps on hand to test with.

Any ideas on what part or parts would need to be fixed or replaced to fix this?

Perhaps the side plate and/or trigger lever. If I take the side plate off (and push the takedown lever back up), I can repeatedly rack it and it does not fire on its own.
Is the trigger lever supposed to have any spring tension? It just flops around.
rdfact is offline   Reply With Quote