LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #1
mackeyms
User

Default Finals at Luger University

Hello all, just paid my tuition to Luger University (which ironically was similar to what my tuition was at SUNY Delhi in the late 70's). Let me please say Thank You to all of the members for sharing the knowledge and experience, hopefully I have put it to good use. I have tried to get a few pictures of my 1915 LP-08. I am to anxious to get something posted to wait until tonight when better photo's can be taken so these will have to do for now, plus it can get some practice with posting pictures. Please let me know if specific photo's are needed.

Ursula (yes that is a reference to "The Blue Max") is all matching including the numbered grips (except for the magazine). I find it hard to believe this firearm has been fired much due to the lack of wear on any of the toggle parts. Also the bore is pristine. Judging by the nice halo's around the serial numbers I am confident that this piece has is original finish and has not been refinished or buffed. So, now for a bunch of questions (thanks again to all of the info that is shared here).

How do you judge the amount of blueing remaining

The straw on the trigger and takedown latch are real strong, but more worn(?) on one side of the magazine release and safety lever

Do I shoot her, I know there are a lot of discussion regard strength of these older firearms. I do not believe this piece was ever exposed to harsh conditions, corrosive ammo etc. When I had the upper cannon stripped down, she sang like a dream when I did a "tuning fork test".

Thanks Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0135.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	59086  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0136.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	59087