LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-22-2015, 08:09 PM   #1
SRE
User

Default 1940 P-08 War Relic info

I am new to Luger Forum but have been a member of Firing Line Forums for years. They said I should join here and post. This is the exact thread I started at FL

I have a Luger in the shop. Replacing the retainer spring and giving it a good once over for long term storage for my client. With his permission I am seeking some information as I am not too familiar with the historical aspects of these fine pieces of equipment. Please view photos. If anyone could provide some insight it would be much appreciated. It is slightly different from others I have seen.

- SN# 82XX
- Stamped 1940
- Has Nazi German markings in many locations and SN last 2 digits all over the small parts.
- We have the original holster, takedown tool, and extra magazine which all have their own spots in the holder itself.

Here is the kicker. He also has the ORIGINAL "AG USFET Form No 33" Certificate stating it was examined by the US government as captured enemy equipment and signed off in the possession of the new owner at that time. The certificate is dated June 5, 1946. And from the "Headquarters United States Forces European Theatre"

Also there is another original piece of literature stating the same thing as the "AG USFET Form No 33" but it just says "Certificate" at the top and it is dated Oct 11 1945. It was typed on a typewriter. However, this one is signed off by a different member of the military that the previous form dated from 1946. This certificate is from organization "976 FA BN" Higher ranking members of the military have signed these certificates allowing the pistol to have it's new American Owner.

What an amazing piece of history and I am fortunate to have it in my shop. Sure is a humbling experience handling this firearm wonder what it has been through and war it's played a role in.

Thank you in advance

Luger Forum Members... could this be a early variant of a Black Widow? The current owner bought it directly from the soldier that literally took it off a deceased German Officer. As far as we are being told. It's in amazing shape.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	51162  

Name:	FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	51163