LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-13-2015, 02:34 AM   #1
Mistymis
User

Default New to Luger

Hi, I am so honored to be accepted in this forum and I greet you all to have a good day.
In 1974 my brother purchased a Mauser Luger from his friend. Tested it was in a very good condition. Unfortunately we never knew the history behind it. Before my brother died 8 years ago he gave me the Luger. Since guns are a no no to me I kept it in a safe place and migrated to the USA. I am now back in the Philippines to dispose off our properties and supposedly the Luger. I offered it to a friend who refused because it has no serial numbers! My friend said a gun without serial numbers is considered a contraband and is illegal to keep. In my research I learned that Lugers are usually assigned with numbers. It was also during these researches that I came across this website. I also came upon a thread - Rare Luger in the Gun Rights Media Forum of November 7, 2010 where Member Keith123 posted "I have a Luger with no serial numbers. The only markings on the pistol are geladen and gesichert. The story told to me is that the O.S.S. made 100 during the war and all but 3 were destroyed. No stamping, numbers at all but the ones mentioned. Any ideas of how rare or the worth of this pistol, it is in amazing condition. Thanks". I believe the OSS story is far-fetched and if Keith123 is a member of this forum, I would be happy to hear from him.
The Luger Is dated 1937. There is a Mauser logo on the toggle and the no. 36. I think it is a Banner Commercial. Not all parts are numbered 36. However some parts have double numbers and strange letters, marks or symbols. It has 2 markings "Germany and Gesichert". It comes with an uncheckered plastic grip and color is grayish. The plastic grip is beautifully crafted. The barrel length is just a little bit over 3". Witness mark are of different shape. There is something written on the left side of the barrel that must have been erased. You will only notice it when the gun is positioned at a certain angle. Also the barrel band is very dull? I did not dismantled the whole gun because I am afraid I wont be able to put them back together so I can not send you pictures of all the parts. Can anybody help me figure out this gun? I honestly don't know anything about Lugers. None of my friends know anything about them nor do I know of any person who owns one in our community.
I have never realized how beautiful a Luger is - the configuration, parts curve from whole block of tempered steel, numerous parts that function like a well oiled machine, different variations etc,etc. No wonder a lot of people are collecting them. I believe Its worth keeping it and to be able to bring it in the US for refurbishing and restoration.
Attached are pictures.

Live your life alive...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	50244
Mistymis is offline   Reply With Quote