LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #1
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts
Default The Cartridge Counter, Awesome

I've been reading up on the 1902 Cartridge Counter! My own closest thus far is a 1902 Fat Barrel. They are definitly excellent! I'm been researching the this rare luger and can find only a few references. We know only Fifty were made and all with an American G.H Powel Indicating Device and were manufactured and installed by DWM in Germany. I couldn't find any reference on 'Powell' or his counter invention other than Jan' reference in Cenral Powers page 416~ I have never seen a picture of the mag itself outside of the gun. How did this American made device wind up in Germany and only one specific year and variation? Whose idea?Was there ever a patent? How many still exist? Have any surfaced lately and what is the current total? Why were only 50 made?? Gotta Luv Them and sure wish I owned one! Sounds like cross examination! What are the differences with the 1902 counter and the 1902 fat barrel other than the counter? I'm sure there a fakes~ As a side note Bob Simpson is listing a more current Mauser CC! http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_in...ducts_id=31738 ~Eric
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote