LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,507 Times in 2,081 Posts
Default Carbine by Lugerman

Ok, I don't have it yet, but hoping it is getting to the end

My process started in March 2013 and he was upfront and told me it would likely be 10-12 months (at least). As each month goes by I get more excited.

So, heres the story, I have read almost everything on Lugerman, AKA Eugene, I know he can be slow, but I have talked to him on phone and email and know he tries his best. In fact, most of the restore experts take a long time, as it takes time to strip, sand properly, then fix and reblue items. Literally months if they were only working on these items. And most of the experts I know don't do this for a living but as a hobby.

I started out discussing what kind of carbine I wanted. Did I want to use a DWM frame and be traditional?
Did I want to use a Simson frame and do it that way (my main choice, but to recreate all the eagle 6's correctly would be excessive IMO)
So, I had a G date, almost the very beginning of Mauser, so pre-war. I used cash and many trade parts for the carbine, plus supplying some of the components. I supplied a mix master G date (which I found out later was really parts of all ages ), supplied on purpose two fairly uncommon but beautiful Chrome plated Schmeisser flat button magazines (police) and two new blank bottoms of aluminum. Eugene usually uses wood, but he said he would make me a fantasy G date carbine in 9mm.

Since I am about 35 miles from where he lives, I plan on bugging him in person and seeing how things are

As a long standing member of the LugerForum, and a moderator there, I am very enthusiastic about Eugene's excellent work in re-creating some of the most iconic pistols of the 20th century...
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Last edited by Edward Tinker; 01-03-2016 at 11:55 PM.
The following 2 members says Thank You to Edward Tinker for your post: