LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
oldphardt
User

Default What have I got?

Just received a Luger barrel on barrel extension inside a wooden stock shaped case. There is no fitting on the case to attach to a frame but that part may have been cut off. Who should I send photos to for help in identifying this piece. Markings have been removed from the top of the barrel extension leaving only (left side) the remains of an "N" proof mark with a couple of dots over the top of it. The number "349" is on the little tab underside of the extension. The barrel has no markings and does not appear to have ever had any. 10 inch barrel with ramp front sight and no rear sight look old style - like back in the 1920s. Wooden case looks original with button release at the bottom back end. It is cut out for a Luger style gun with an opening at the bottom for the hand grip to protrude. Leather hinge is screwed on. Metal plate wraps around the bottom the the case wrist and held in place with 4 well worn screws. So, what have I got here?
Dennis
oldphardt is offline   Reply With Quote