LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
alvin
User

Default Test fired FN 1900 in range

Test fired a FN 1900 in range today. The pistol is excellent inside out, in theory, it should work fine. But theory is theory, practice is practice. Found 40 rounds leftover .32ACP in safe, I thought I fired all .32ACP rounds from Mauser pocket pistols, but somehow, those 40 rounds were left. So I test-fired FN 1900.

No surprise, the pistol worked flawlessly. No malfunction of any kind. That's expected. Nothing broke in the 40-round firing process, that's good as well. The experience with FN 1900..... well, the trigger pull is super heavy, the only handgun with heavier trigger pull that I've tried is Russian Nagant 1895 revolver. The trigger pull on FN 1900 is slightly better than that, but it's obviously much heavier than other pistols.

I have not thought the reason for the heavy trigger pull yet. Probably due to the fact that firing pin spring and recoil spring are same one on this design, so releasing the firing pin requires more effort from my finger?? The impact of firing pin on the primer is very positive, no misfiring is possible on this design.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FN1900.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	34785  

alvin is offline   Reply With Quote