LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
45Wheelgun
User

Default Help me identify this Luger -

I have in my possession a Luger which was brought to me by a dear friend who knows less than I do about Lugers. I am posting here to ask the experts for help in identification.

First off it looks way to nice to not be a refinish. So unless someone with more knowledge tells me otherwise I assume it is a refinished gun. Having said that, the edges and markings are all sharp and clear and I can find no evidence of a reblue. The "straw" colored parts are also "to good" in my opinion.

The gun doesn't appear to have all the markings of other Lugers I have found on the net. The barrel and frame share a serial number. The magazine has a non matching number which appears to be over stamped with another non matching number. All the other parts except the take down lever are marked with the number "26", including the grips. There are no markings on the right side of the gun. There are several small markings under the grip which I did not photograph. Under the safety it is marked: Gesichert

There are various proof marks and I will show photos of them. There are not as many parts serial numbered as guns I see pictures on the net. Also the serial number is in the 51 thousands without an Alpha character in the number.

From reviewing some of the posts here I am assuming this is an early commercial gun. I assume it is somewhat of a parts gun as well?

So here are the pictures - What do I have? If possible from the information I have provided, to estimate a value range?

Thank you all for any information you can provide.

Dave

Last edited by 45Wheelgun; 01-23-2013 at 06:07 AM.
45Wheelgun is offline   Reply With Quote