LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
CoyoteM4
User

Default Luger P-08 9MM - Safest/Cleanest modern production ammo?

Hey everyone, I don't see a sticky on this so I'll just ask. For you guys that shoot your Lugers regularly, is there a certain brand/type of 9MM ammo you prefer. I actually haven't located my Luger yet, so I'm kind of jumping the gun, but it's one of the questions that keep popping into my head.

For range use I used to shoot whatever I could find the cheapest in my Springfield XD 9MM - As far as cheaper stuff goes I've found I like the cheap Federal FMJ best, but it will shoot/feed Tula steel case fine as well. However, it's a modern pistol and not 75 years old.

When I finally get my hands on one, I don't want to feed it garbage that will cause unnecessary ware for something already worn. So I'm all ears for suggestions on modern production ammo that works best for these older pistols.

I might be over-thinking it, but I'm sure you can understand my enthusiasm for knowledge. Also, if this has been beaten to death and I haven't dug far enough into the forum, my apologies.
CoyoteM4 is offline   Reply With Quote