LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
coosbaycreep
User

Default Can you identify this mystery part?

I've only had this luger for about 4 days now, and after the first time I took it apart to clean it, this part was laying inside the lower receiver on the right side of the groove where the upper attaches:

I checked all the parts diagrams trying to figure out what it is or where it goes, with no luck. So, I put the gun back together without it, and have shot about 250rds through it since then.

The gun has been 100% reliable with no jams, but right after I put it back together, the toggle would stick in the up position after the last shot or when locking the toggle back on an empty mag, and it would take a pretty good whack with an empty magazine to get the toggle to close. Now that I've got some more rounds through it, it rarely sticks at all (had to tap it once yesterday out of about 100rds), so I don't think the mystery part had any effect on function/reliability. I took it apart again yesterday, and everything looks fine still too, but as complex as these guns are, I can't see it having a small part like that that doesn't do anything.

Any ideas on what it is, what it does, or where it goes?

thanks
coosbaycreep is offline   Reply With Quote