LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default New Thompson 1927 A1

I ordered a factory build Deluxe steel model with a 30 rnd. pre-ban stick mag for NY State, and it arrived day before yesterday. A 10-rnd drum mag should arrive today, according to USPS tracking.
It looks great, weighs a TON, overall nice looking work and finish. However, I have a few issues with it.
First, I noticed that the receiver shucks around in the frame a bit; when the rifle is shaken (not stirred) it is audible. This might be better than one that is so tight it won't come apart (and I believe some motion of the arrangement is expected and acceptable) but I'm going to ask Kahr about it to see if what I have is within parameters of acceptability.
Second, the rear grip refuses to mount any other way than to expose the sharp 90 degree corner of the frame that should fit resulting in both surfaces near flush, in the notch in the top of the grip.
Third, I tried the first round in it yesterday. I succumbed to the temptation to touch off a second before I gave it its first break-in cleaning, and nothing! The second round chambered OK,and the action seemed to return fully to battery, but the trigger did not set--no click.
Forgive the stock photo, please; I'll do a run of glamor pics and post when I have the chance. work just became extremely busy, so won't promise when, just asap.
Attached Images