LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
RAY1946
User

Default 7.65 bullets

While trying to find more info on the elusive 7.65mm truncated bullet and other 7.65mm projectiles, I ran across a very unique site;"Land of Borchardt".

This is new to me, although many of you have probably been aware of this site. On this site is listed an excerpt from the 1904 DWM munitions catalogue that shows drawings of the 4(type261,7.65mm)bullets available at the time. Low and behold,there on the far right is the 261L(Flachspitzen Geschosse) truncated bullet. Amazingly, this looks like a scaled down version of the German Military 9mm truncated bullet of WW1.

Also shown is a drawing of the standard round-nose bullet with an overall length of 15mm(.5905). This bullet is replicated almost exactly in the current offering from Lee Manufacturing; the 311-100-2R. Although the original is 93grs. and the Lee is listed at 100grs, they are basically the SAME bullet. I have load data for this bullet from Accurate powders using there #5 and #7 powders and may fool with this before going to a design effort for a truncated bullet............RayT
RAY1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to RAY1946 for your post: