LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Unit Markings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #18
nick.helms
User

Thanks Klaus, could you by chance post the link to the thread on Luger.gunboards? I couldn't find it when I searched and would like to see the discussion. I do find it an interesting coincidence that two 1914 Erfurt Luger's (with a production of only 7000) would have two different unit/police stamps that close, GK74 and GK122. I should have Don's book next week and I look forward to seeing the Luger pictured, but if the continuous numbering is correct for the Garde-Kurassier it raises an interesting question on any G.K. marked gun, unless there is a clear way to differentiate the Imperial mark from Weimer Police. And Don, I think I must me missing something on your sizing for the pistol number, if I look at 2.1mm with a ruler that seems smaller than the serial number under the barrel and I know I've seen unit marked pistols with those weapon numbers larger than the serial number. I know I'm probably missing something obvious here...

Again thanks all, a very interesting discussion, Nick