LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
dridgeway
User

Default original left hand grips?

Hello Friends ... I have a DWM Luger, s/n 510 and stamped GERMANY. All numbers match except the wood bottomed magazine.

A friend told me, after his inspection, that the pistol was a 1921 rework of a pistol manufactured sometime between 1914 and 1918.

This pistol has grips for left handed use. The grips have no markings. They are very well made. When compared with new grips sold by Mauser in the 1930s, they appear as mirror images with the same wood, cut and sharp detail.

My question? Were left hand grips ever offered as an option by DWM or Mauser? My uninformed opinion is that they were as I now possess a set mounted on the pistol described above.

I am unsure as to exactly what I have here. Were the OE grips replaced? Who made the grips? How many left-handed models were sold, if any?

I'm very new to collecting Lugers and would like to learn all I can about the only one I now own. If photographs would help I can provide them but please realize the grips appear exactly as right-handed (or usual) grips would only they are reversed or a mirror image.

Thanks to everyone for your time, help and consideration.
dridgeway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grips, hand, left, left-hand grips, lefthand grips