LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
Thor
User

Default 1920 Commercial Restoration for a Young Lady

This one just about broke my heart. What a sweet young lady this is that talked her dad into having me restore this Luger for her. Here is his note to me (name with held for privacy)

Hi Ted,

[insert name] is my daughter. She is actually the reason I decided to restore the Luger. It had just sat around our home in a closet for many years. I showed it to her one day, and she just fell in love with the gun and it's history. Then, we saw the WWI movie "Warhorse" that was out at Christmas. After the movie, she asked me if "You'd put the Luger in your will for me someday". What Daddy could say no to that? :-) Anyways, I thought it would be special to restore it - so she'll really have something classy. When we were packing it up, she asked if she could write you a note (without prompting from me). I think it would mean a lot to her if you responded with a note when you send the Luger back. You could write as if it were her gun, because now it is.

Pretty AWESOME HUH? Thor
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote