LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-20-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
Imperial Arms
Banned

Default Three of a Kind - My Incredible Achievement

It is my pleasure to share with this forum an achievement which I consider incredible. Since the past five years or so, I have been able to acquire three original LP-08/TM-08 instruction manuals which are extremely rare.

I am posting various images of each manual showing the regiments which had received them during WWI. Maybe George will be kind to explain each regiment marking in more detail.

Listing of each manual
  1. LP-08 manual #1 (left position) was actually issued to a Prussian regiment (see image #4 with its regimental stamp);
  2. LP-08 manual #2 (right position) was issued to a Prussian regiment (see image #5 with its regimental stamp);
  3. LP-08 manual #3 was issued to a Bavarian regiment (see image #3 showing a scan of its front cover, and corresponding image #4 with its regimental stamp and other markings).

I have noticed that the majority of collectors do not realize the importance and value of collecting literature (or 'software') for the purpose of expanding their knowledge, instead they prefer to mainly collect the guns and some accessories (the 'hardware'). Those collectors who only limit themselves to 'hardware' cannot recognize the price/value that some literature can fetch on the market and they tend to under-rate the value of literature because of its plain form and being made of paper which is seen as cheap material. Literature should be compared to cash - both are made of paper! And the hidden information in these surviving documents are a major contribution to our 'education'. Remember that knowledge is king, and not the size of a person's wallet.

Enjoy,
Albert

PS: I have also added the same post at the Jan Still Forum.

Last edited by Imperial Arms; 07-22-2009 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Adding Images
Imperial Arms is offline   Reply With Quote