LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-14-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
alterfritz
User

Default Can you identify the year of my Gun?

Well, here is my 9mm Interarms Parabellum. Unfortunately it is really hard to see the markings on the pictures because the gun is so black. I guess it's not blued but blacked . But perhaps that's how they did it in the 1970s?
I bought it last december from an internet auction and paid $1395 for it. From what I see in other auctions it's a decent price. It cam with t a box, original target, stripping tool and two mags, one of which was damaged and is currently with G.T. for repair

Since the markings are hard to read, Idescribe them here.
The serial number is 11.00364x . On the left side of the frame there is a small FBM stamp, theres also a "Mauser Parabellum 9mm" engraved. The right side of the slide shows a Star engraving and it reads "Interarms Alexandria Virgina". The grip reads "Mauser-Werke A.G. Oberndorf a.N." . the top of the slide has an american eagle stamped holding arrows (?)

The safety reads "safe" instead of "gesichert" and the save position is with the lever in the up position (shown unsafe in my pics).

The grips appear to be wood although they sound like plastic when I tap them. I haven't removed them yet.

Can anybody tell me when this gund was approximately made? I understand the 1970s were made into the 1990s so I would appreciate a little narrowing down of the year if possible. I assume these guns were explicitly made for the american market.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 004.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	4693  

Name:	Picture 005.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	4694