LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-19-2001, 07:48 AM   #1
Marvin
User

Default Opinions Wanted

Hello All,

I have posted this question on the "Sister" P.38 Forum and I thought it would be apprropriate to post here also since some of you may not visit the P.38 Forum.

As most of you know, the "Asterisk" stamp shows up on a number of different weapons, bayonets, machine guns, etc. It seems to be most prevelent on the P.38 pistols, but it also is on the Luger. There has never been any documented answer to what this stamp really means. So far, they are theorys and some of them are very plausable and some are not.

Orv Reichert, the well know P.38 expert, feels it is a stamp for a rejected part which was reworked and then passed the Waffenamt inspection. This is probably the most recognized explanation. What do you folks think this "Asterisk" means? These will be opinions only and it may make for a good discussion. I do have one Luger with this stamp on the barrel and Jan Still shows a photo in his book on Third Reich Lugers.

I have one little theory that has been discussed in NAPCA a couple of years ago and I will give mine after others have posted theirs. I hope John Dunkle can answer this; was the "Asterisk" ever stamped on Kreighoff Lugers?

Let's have some fun with these theorys and see what pops out of the woods with ideas.

Marvin