LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-11-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
jerrys
User

Default loading snail drum problem/question

I bought a snail drum from a well known dealer. I will also say this is my first artillery luger and drum. I didn't realize you really have to have a loader to load more than about 8 or so rounds in it. So, and you know how much a loader is, I find a loader and buy it about 3 weeks after receiving the drum. Now comes the problem. The drum loads properly w/ 30 rounds. However, somewhere in the drum, the mag spring is binding and will not feed the rounds. So, I open it up and the drum is very clean, the magazine spring seems to be in good shape and try again. It will still not feed. So I call the dealer.

Here's the story when I call him. "Well, I've never loaded more than 8 rounds in any of my drums, you're the first person I've even heard of who has got that many rounds in a drum (experiences posted on the board woud definitely indicate otherwise) and you need to get a gunsmith to fix it." I'm sorry, but I'm not very understanding at this point. I buy something that I should expect to work from a very reputable dealer and if it doesn't work I need to get it repaired?! So I suggest he can send me another drum that does work, but he doesn't have one. He suggests "send it back and I will sell it for you" - not refund my money. So he's going to sell the drum that doesn't work to some other buyer? Great way to do business.

Has anyone had a similar problem with a drum? I would like to get it working right, but given the dealers attitude (not my problem according to him) my inclination is to send it back and have the credit company reverse the charge. Given this dealer's "name" I really expected more. I will say that I've been dealing in Class 3 weapons for almost 10 years and have never had this type of problem or attitude with guns that cost a lot more than most Lugers except maybe the Luger carbines.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm really just disbelieving this type of attitude. If it doesn't work out, I will post the outcome so some other person new to collecting accessories to their guns doesn't have to go through the same problem.

Thanks for listening and any ideas appreciated.
jerrys is offline   Reply With Quote