LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 06-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
rdgs
User

Default lugers

I have several lugers that I'm trying to find more information on and was just wandering if anyone could suggest any good books. I have looked at the Blue Book and a Military Firearms Collector's Guide. They have helped but don't hold all the answers I'm looking for. If anyone could suggest some good books I would appreciate it. I have a total of 9 guns that I'm trying to find info on.

Two of them are I believe 1914 Artillery one of which has all matching serial #'s dated 1917 and has a 9 on the grips (I've been told the 9 is for 9mm), the other Artillery is also dated 1917 and all #'s match except for the mag. They both have DWM stamped on top. Along w/other markings.

Another one is what I believe to be a 1914 Military 9mm dated 1918 and stamped on top w/Erfurt and a crown. Again all matching sn#'s and many other markings.

Another is a DWM 7.65 (1920 commercial ?) all sn#'s match not so many markings on this one it does have an N w/ a crown above it.

The one that is causing me the most trouble right now is dated 1936 and has S/42 on the top all numbers are matching. I have come across many that look like this one online but not one that has ivory grips which is what this one has. I've been told this was probably b/c it was issued to a higher up.

I know I've listed a lot of info here but have probably not listed enough. I do have pics I can try to post them. Any info would be helpful. Mostly I'm trying to determine the value. I have a store and have bought all these from one individual whose father had collected the guns.
Thanks for any help!!
rdgs is offline   Reply With Quote