LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 06-09-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
Grasshopper
User

Default Best magazines?

I am a new Luger owner...just picked it up a couple of days ago. I'm not new to shooting by any means, and I'm not new to shooting older weapons. However, I AM new to the Luger, so I want to get the insight of those who have gone before.....

My Luger is a non-matching 1936, but the frame number and barrel number are only a few hundred apart. The bluing is quite good...most of it is there, and the lettering still sharp. The toggle is older...(byf 16), and it has been cold blued to match the rest of the gun (although the coloring is very slightly darker. The bore is perfect, and the mechanics are sound. The wood grips are intact, and in very good condition.

The Luger is in 9mm, and it is another step in my 'German Combat Pistol' evolution. I've now got a Luger, a P1 and an H&K P7...all in the same caliber, which is good. My next step is to get a Broomhandle, so I'm about to start my research on that.

At any rate, the Luger I picked up came with one magazine...non-matching. It is a stainless (appears to be) Erma magazine with a black plastic base, and it actually looks to me as if it's not seen any use.

Basically, I would like to have two good magazines for it. By good, I mean 'functional'...I'm not concerned with 'collectible'...I'm wanting them to work. So, what magazines should I get? Which ones should I avoid? Is the one that I have ok?

Insight and advice is GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS!