LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
rldarmstr
User

Default Help identifying holster

Hello,

New member here. I am not a collector or experienced Luger aficionado,however; I recently was talking with my father who is a WWII vertern and who brought back a Luger from the war. He and I have shot it on several occasions and I have had a great respect for the inginuity and design of this weapon from a very early age.

Today while visiting with him we came upon the topic of Lugers and their current values. His was taken from a surrenduring German soldier in the spring of 1945.

It is DWM maked with a date of 1918 over the chamber. All numbers match, including one magazine.

The question I have is about the holster. We were looking at some pictures I took off the internet of Lugers with holsters. None matched his exactly. The bulk seem to have a strap attached to the hard flap and a buckle sewn to the bottom part of the holster about where the trigger guard would be.

His holster is brown in color with a strap sewn to the bottom half of the holster and goes through a keather hold down loop on the top half of the holster where it is held in place by a metal post.

The back of the holster has two belt loops.

Sorry but I did not pay attantion to any markings on the back.

I can get photos, however; if that is necessary.

There did not seem to be any modification marks or indications that the belt loops or the hold down strap was relocated or changed.

Since we know that the gun and holster are original at least from the time it was surrendured to him in 1945, what can I learn about the difference if this configuration from what I see advertised as standard German army issue?

Thanks in advance any iformation.

Robert
rldarmstr is offline   Reply With Quote