LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-09-2007, 12:12 AM   #1
OneShotOneKill
User

Default About to purchase 2nd luger.need suggestion

Ok, I have been looking at these two guns for sale for a little while now and either one would be a nice buy to me but unfortunatly as always I can only buy one.I have already bought a shooter and I am looking for one to just put back for a while. I was hoping some of you might have some opinion on which one would be the better purchase.

1. Byf42 with original black bakelite grips with silver tipped mag that does not match. approx. 70% of blueing left on gun. all matching parts. slight frost in barrel but rifling is decent. Price: $750

2. A commerical DWM (not sure what year). it does not have the rear grip safety. has stock lug. all parts match. magazine is wooden and unnumbered. blueing is 80-85%. Quite of bit of strawing is left on the trigger and other parts. comes with a second magazine that is wooden too but it does not match and is serial numbered and also has a + below the number. it also comes with a decent looking holster that is brown. the only stamps I can see on the holtser is under the top cover it is stamped "Breslau 1917" there is another word above that but I cannot make it out. The gun is chamber in 7.65 and says "Made in Germany" on the side of the frame and has the N proof on the left side. Bore is good, better than the previous. Price: $850

I'm not planning on shooting either one of these, I was more or less wanting one as a collectors piece. Any suggestions would help me out alot. I am glad I found this forum, research on these guns is very very extensive!
OneShotOneKill is offline   Reply With Quote