LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:14 PM   #18
Sieger
User

Default Life

Quote:
Originally posted by apis mellifera
Personally, I think it's silly that the present "fact" taught in school is that from a one celled organism spontaneously sprang all the diversity we see on Earth. All the many species, birds, crabs, humans, all came from this ooze-borne cell? What are the statistics on that happening? I find it much more likely that God created this planted and later on, offered me salvation from death.
Bravo Apis:

To me the great mystery is just what formed that first single cell organism. After this question can be answered, then "facts" can be presented to back up theories.

When has science observed the creation of anything from nothingness? Does it occur daily? If not, why do they think it occurred long ago? This hypothesis is the "scientific faith" you wisely commented about above.

Parts of the THEORY of evolution make sense to me and can be proven by a simple study of nature. The upward evolution of animals by selective breading, for instance: Race horses, improved types of crops, etc., would seem to prove, in a limited sense, part of that theory.

Men from apes? I'm not convinced. One thing I will comment on. Prayer (religion) was taken out of the school house in 1960. By 1967, after having been taught the THEORY of evolution, most of my fellow students were beginning to act more like apes.

What really bugs me about some evolutionists is the fact that they are exclusionary in their teachings. They have driven creationism out of the school house as fantasy or "separation of church and state" yet present their THEORY as fact to be learned by the whole of the civil student population. Isn't this just what the "Monkey Trial" of the 1930s was all about, but just in reverse.

I agree, let everyone follow their own conscience, let both creationism and evolution be openly taught in the PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Let no one "force" their particular beliefs upon another. This is the American way!

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote