LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Navy Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
cool steel
User

Default What do you think?

Glad to meet you all. As you have probably surmised by now, I am brand new to the site and brand new to Lugerâ??s for that matter as well. My reason for being here was brought about by a request of my favorite uncle to see what I can find out about a Luger that he has had for over ten years. He acquired it through a friend that had fallen on hard times and asked that my uncle buy the gun from him for $50. My uncle was somewhat reluctant to buy it at first as he was not really interested in Lugers but saw how desperate the guy was and bought it for $75.

We keep all of our firearms at my fatherâ??s house as he has a large vault that is fire and burglary rated. Recently we were going through some of the arsenal and we came across the Luger again and became more curious about it. I have done a little research on the web but information was hard to come byâ?¦that is until I found this site. Not only have I found a wealth of information here, but I have learned to appreciate and in fact become a fan of the Luger.

My hats off to those of you responsible for the comprehensive amount of information compiled on this site. It has been a joy to peruse through all the sections and read the threads in the forums.

From the information that I have been able to find, it appears that the Luger owned by my uncle was a P-08 used by the German Navy based on the proof markings and is one of the initial 10,000 produced in that it does not have a suffix.

I have inspected all the components and have discovered that all but the magazine have matching serial numbers.

I would really appreciate it if anyone would be able to tell me anything else about this piece. I have included some pictures as well.

I thank you in advance.

Paul

cool steel is offline   Reply With Quote