LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-16-2001, 12:41 PM   #1
Trond Erik Tveit

Default Luger ammo + etc.

Hello !

Recently a friend of mine bought a WW2 Luger produced by Mauser Werke in 1940 and marked S42.

When start shooting with our local gun-club it appeard that the kind of ammo we used was not the proper one.We are quite unknown to what kind of ammo that is the real one for this classic gun today.

The gun was mostly jamming all the time.

The ammo we tried out was the same one as used on H&K's MP5 which did not work out at all.Then we tried some PARABELLUM's but actually without any major results.

Then we was told that todays 9mm ammo was to "hard"? for the old Luger,is this true?

I do hope that there does excist some kind of ammo that we can use for enjoying the shooting of this gun today or else this would be a disaster to us.

Can somebody help and/or tell us what sort/name/fabricate of ammo we can use?

Please advice.

During Luger equipments,such as the wooden "anschlagshaft"(stock/holster),the drum magazine and the "safety-line"? at the back of it,if anybody know what I mean...

I was just wondering how rare these items really are and what sort of prices we are talking about then.

In advance thank you all very much for all your help and time.

Best regards

Trond Erik Tveit

Norway