LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-12-2001, 10:48 AM   #1
Ted
User

Default BEAUTIFUL SWISS LUGER

DAVID, Too bad it has a cracked toggle and a gouge across the breech block! WHAT A CHERRY! Man this is a nice gun!

Just received a nice SWISS LUGER to rework from David B.

Here was my initial evaluation, I was going to reblue the whole gun after the toggle/breech work, but I am rethinking it after I saw it! WOW!!WOW-Congratulations on one Hell of a nice Luger! The strawing is impeccable as is most of the weapon, including those nice grips. Appears the breech block has a deep gouge also that I will remove. I would like to attempt a matching of the bluing (it is rust blued) color and cut the work for me and the cost(and time) for you. I have several rust blues I have done in my shop that are different shades of rust blue (darker and lighter) I want to look at them side by side with your Luger and see if I can match the color, with your permission of course. If I am very happy with the match, That is all I will do, the breechblock and rear toggle. If not, I will continue with the remainder of the weapon. It sure seems a shame to remove such a wonderful rust blue on the rest of the gun, it is QUITE stunning! Let me know what you thing, but I might be able to turn this around quickly! THAT LUGER IS FANTASTIC! I AM JEALOUS! CONGRATS!

Unread 04-12-2001, 11:29 AM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default So where are the before pictures to go with your glowing comments Ted? (EOM)

Unread 04-12-2001, 11:31 AM   #3
Ted
User

Default Re: So where are the before pictures to go with your glowing comments

I just picked up the gun at the Fedex office near work! I havent even taken it home yet! I will have some "befores" in a day or so!