LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-08-2002, 09:57 AM   #1
TIMOTHY CANNEY

Default Second Question?

Thanks for all the great feedback to my first question!

Now to get a handle on pricing in different parts of the Usa, those of you in different areas of the USA, please price(ballpark), the following models WITHOUT HOLSTERS OR MATCHING MAGS. JUST THE GUN WITH A PERIOD MAG, ALL ORIGINAL.

1920 DWM Commercial .30cal. 95%: Iowa $700-$800

1939 Dated "42" Code 9mm 95% : Iowa $800-$1000

1942 BYF Black Widow 9mm. 90% : Iowa $1000-$1200

Portugese Model 43 Rig Holster, Two Matching mags. tools etc 90% : Iowa $1200-$1500.

Thanks!

Tim

Unread 03-08-2002, 09:59 AM   #2
TIMOTHY CANNEY

Default Re: Second Question?

ACTUAL SELLING PRICES, NOT ASKING PRICES.

Tim

Unread 03-09-2002, 08:32 PM   #3
BILL
User

Hi Tim, I am not a firm believer that there is a real difference in areas of the country (maybe at one time it was that way). If you look at Ralph Shattuck's list and then compare that to Simpson's prices on their website and then look at what some of these same pistols go for during online auctions you will probably get a good sense of price. Face to face at a gunshow gives you a better chance to dicker with someone since you have the piece right in your hand and can point out where there are things that might detract from the overall pricing (worn grips, chipped or scratched up, etc). The three day inspection period has it's pitfalls also, since you as the buyer are going to pay for it.

I don't think that the prices you quote from Iowa are high at all.

Unread 03-10-2002, 06:39 AM   #4
Marvin
User

Tim,

The prices you quoted are similar to what I would see in the SC, NC, Georgia area. I see more Lugers at the big Atlanta shows than in SC, & NC. The local shows I go to usually have "junk" Lugers which are overpriced. The better Lugers in the Atalnta shows are about the same prices from Ralph or Simpsons.

Marvin

Unread 03-11-2002, 03:58 PM   #5
TIMOTHY CANNEY

Thanks Guys! just interested in what everybody thinks. I usually base my prices paid by Simposons Listings and Ralph's website(and many, many, books and in person comparisons). In my experience most Lugers are either fairly priced or way out of the ballpark. I feel it's best to have a cumulative knowlege and draw from that. The big variable seems to be differences in opinion when it comes to condition.

Tim

Tim