LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 07-11-2001, 06:02 PM   #1
J.E.D.

Default Newbie Questions about Stainless Luger

Is a used Stainless Mitchell American Eagle Luger worth $600? It's at a gun store nearby and they tell me that the last owner has two more original magazines for it.

I did some searching on this board regarding this and couldn't find any answers.

It's in pretty good condition. It has obviously been shot and the grip screws have been rednecked, but there's no holster wear. I compared it to an all matching byf 42 in great condition and it seemed fine.

Thanks for any info

Jon

Unread 07-11-2001, 07:02 PM   #2
Dok
RIP

Default Re: Newbie Questions about Stainless Luger

Welcome to the Luger Forum, Jon. I would suggest that $600 is a fair price. I believe they originally sold for that. If you look in the Owner's Corner (on the left sidebar) and toward the bottom under Jerry Boyles, you will find an interesting article on the AIMCO Lugers.

I would also suggest you read the Forum Decorum document found in the General Information section, which will hopefully make your visit here a better experience.

Dok (Webmaster)

Unread 07-11-2001, 07:25 PM   #3
J.E.D.

Default Read Hakan's posts

I checked out the article that you mentioned. It was very informative.

I also saw some posts by Hakan that have convinced me that I'm not going to go for this pistol. While I believe that he underrates these stainless guns, he does have a point.

I've had a couple of bad experiences with cast stainless guns, so Ruger gets no more of my money.

Had I know that they were cast, I'd have not bothered anyone here.

I wish I could pull my post off.

Thanks for the reply.

Unread 07-12-2001, 06:17 AM   #4
Dok
RIP

Default Re: Read Hakan's posts

It was no bother... and you certainly don't need to pull your post. We are here to provide information and discussion about Lugers. The stainless Steel Lugers are not everyone's "cup of tea", but they are never the less a Luger and therefore a valid topic in this forum.

You appear to have made an informed decision, having first checked the available information. This is all one can do, make the best decision you can with the information available. Please don't be a stranger, visit us regularly.

Dok