LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-13-2015, 07:47 AM   #1
boogieman
User

Default Hello and questions, questions, questions

Thanks for having me at LF. Im from South NJ (I swear its a different state) and have collected a few Hungarian handguns and rifles as well as a FN Mauser and many other current handguns and rifles. I have always admired the Luger and want to purchase my first soon.
I am looking for a WWII era matching in shooter condition. Think I can do it between $1500-2000. I know very little about Lugers so im reading what I can find on this sight as well as other internet sources. And at the same time im looking around at every gun shop I come across, asking friends, and even shopping gunbroker. I dont want to pay over market value and I dont want to buy a faked or re-finished.
I like the WWII era because in my mind thats what a Luger is. Is there any reason to choose or not choose guns from that era? Will all era guns function,holdup as well as the other eras? Is there any type or make that tends to function and hold up better than the others? Is there a book that lists enough info for a fist time buyer to take along and help identify as well as authenticate a Luger before dropping cash?
Any suggestions on my search will be appreciated, im pretty thick skinned.
boogieman is offline   Reply With Quote