LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Announcements & Help > Site Technical Help or Site Feedback

Unread 03-26-2003, 08:44 PM   #1
flawless
User

Post Japanese Luger

Here is another gun that I have recently acquired. I was told that it was a Japanese Luger?
I don't know if this image will be shown?
The barrel length is 4 inches. The numbers on the right side of the frame are 22761 preceeded by two circles (like a circle within a circle). Also the numbers 19.3 appear just below the 22761. The left side has some Japanese characters to the left and right of what appears to be the safety. To the rear there are 4 Japanese figures/characters. The magazine is stamped 421 with 3 different Japanese characters. Overall condition 90 percent, no rust. Can anyone help me identify this Luger? Perhaps a value? It comes with a leather sheath and a spare magazine. There is a small pouch on the front of the holster (about the size of a cigarette pack with a small small metal tubular object). Thanks for all your help in advance. Thanks to Roadkill I got my first bit of information. Love it.
flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2003, 10:11 PM   #2
Thor
User

I think it is probably a type 14 NAMBU. EMAIL me the picture and I will post it for you! Email to Thor340@aol.com 19.3 indicates it was made in March of 1944. While they resemble a Luger in general shape, their caliber and action are totally different.
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote