LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Unread 05-10-2004, 04:15 PM   #1
Arminius
User

Question Mauser Parabellum

Hi there!

Just acquired my first Luger, Mauser Parabellum from the 70�´s or 80�´s. Gun is near new, hardly fired. Mags hardly possible to load, never experience something like this!!!

Shot it today: Lapua Luger load and S & B JSP. Perfect function, gun shot to POA, super trigger, no recoil, excellent grouping. slightly over one 1" without any fussing!

The front sight is canted, and gun shoots 4" high at 20 m. Must have been done deliberately, for gun is exactly centered on target. What height should a replacement front sight have to be dead on heightwise at 25 m, perhaps higher sight, or higher sight and filed down, flat on top, for Patridge type sight?

Some biting in my hand at shooting: might this be the grip safety? Is it possible to remove this, without permanently altering gun?

Gun is so new, I hesitate to shoot it more. But then, a new ( after WW II ) made gun, with modern steel, without wartime and arsenal neglect should hold up a little?

Have one additional grip safety, new, don�´t know what to do with it.

Lookin for a double 08 mag pouch. What Mags have the best price/reliability reputation? Coll value not so necessary. Different kinds of springs or looks, just to be curious?

Any inputs appreciated, thanks, Hermann

P.S.: I was totally overwhelmed about the pointing of the gun. You close your eyes, point at where you want it, open your eyes and ... its right dead on! This is the most naturally pointing gun I�´ve ever held!!!

Colt SAA comes to mind, think I have to buy a Glock ?1?
Arminius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2004, 02:06 AM   #2
Steve Richards
User

Welcome to our collective madness! I also have one of the Mauser Parabellums. Mine is a 6" in 7.62mm with a Swiss style frame. What do you have? Check out the Post WWII section of this forum for more posts on these.

A good book about these is :"The Mauser Parabellum" by Francis C Allan. Lugerdoc on this forum did have some for sale at a good price but postage to Austria could wipe out any savings if you can find it locally.

Steve
Steve Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2004, 08:17 AM   #3
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Steve, I do still have several new Mauser Parabellum books available @$25 postpaid in USA; $5 more overseas. I also have several spare repro dual mag pouches of brown leather @$15 each or 2 for $25. Tom Heller POB398 St.Charles, MO. 63302.
Unread 05-11-2004, 04:56 PM   #4
mauro
FIREARM HISTORIAN AND AUT

Hello Arminius,
I am working on a web page for my web site related to the Mauser Parabellum production. The page will be available in the next days.
Right now is available a page related to the Luger Artillery Commemorative model made by Mauser in the 1985-86. Please have a look.
Welcome among the Mauser Parabellum enthusiasts.
Ciao
Mauro
Unread 05-12-2004, 03:03 PM   #5
Arminius
User

Hi all!

As I told you, gun is NEW! On ressambling I had slight trouble: there is a small ( 1 cm ) metal clip which holds the slide stop, and simply fell out. Therefore I don�´t know how to put it in: bent side up seems logical, but "hook" to lever side ( left side of pistol ) or other side ( right side, seen from behind ).

If I can afford it, and there are not too much fools around, which pay ridiculous prices for Lugers, this should be not my last Luger.

Good shootin�´! Hermann
Arminius is offline   Reply With Quote