LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 02-22-2015, 01:43 PM   #1
Eldschi
New User

Default safety problem

Hello Forum

Im very new to all this stuff and here is my problem. I hope i can explain it understandable becaise english is not my mother language and i have problems with the correct names of all parts..hope you get what i mean.

Ok my problem is the safety operation of a G Date..
If the gun is loaded(without ammo) and i put it on safe mode(gesichert) and use the trigger, it doesnt do anything BUT when i then release the safe mode, it releases the shot!
The safe mode on a luger is quite simple construction as far as it looks..as the saftey lever that pops up just blocks the side panel from going out far enough to release the shot...am i correct?
The problem on mine..the point where the saftey lever and the lever that pops up are jointed has much play..so when i put it on saftey mode the lever that comes up is not tight enough to the side panel and when the trigger is used, it moves out a little...but this little movement is then just too much already.

Is it a known problem? Is there a way to fix it without bringing it to a gunsmith..maybe a extra washer between where the 2 levers are connected?

Thanks for any info

Andreas
Eldschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
Scorpius
User

I'm still new to lugers, but check out this link for a diagram.

http://www.lugerman.com/Pages/MainPages/Parts.html

parts 18 and 19 sear bar and sear bar spring. Are the edges rounded? Is everything seated properly? What about the round piece at the end of the sear, does it push in and out or does it stick?
What about the trigger side plate (#39) is it properly seated?
I'd suggest you pop all those parts off and post pictures if you are not sure.
From what I can tell when I took my new one apart for cleaning and bonding time ;-) it is one of those items causing your issue.
One other possible suspect would be a rounded edge on part 13 (firing pin). All parts are easy to take off and put back on.
Scorpius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2015, 07:31 PM   #3
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,323 Posts

Sounds like this same problem, good advice here would apply.
http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthre...light=doubling