LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-11-2001, 07:05 PM   #1
Mikael Dahlstr�¶m

Default Look and weep guys.

Hi Guys.

Please take a look at the UPL below.

Only $2,475.00 for a destroyed 1938 S/42 or if you prefer, LUGER -- IRON CROSS COMMERATIVE, isnâ??t that cheap?

The gun has their serial number 271 so itâ??s only 270 more like this f*****g crap on the market, fabulous.

I cannot understand why no one has made any bids yet, this must be a bargain, donâ??t you think?

Mikael

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...temNum=1135889

Unread 03-11-2001, 07:15 PM   #2
Ted
User

Default Re: Look and weep guys.

These have been offered several times in American Rifleman! It is sad! Hope they used really poor quality Lugers to make these!

Unread 03-11-2001, 07:30 PM   #3
Rick K
User

Well, I remember this sad series. I myself posted a remark on this very forum about this when I saw the ad in the American Rifleman. No one on this forum thought anything good about it at the time and evidently, the guy that fell for the scam doesn't feel good about it now and wants to unload it. That much money would buy a quality collector grade Luger! We all feel bad that historical Lugers were ruined to this end. Anyone who is dumb enough to buy this deserves it, I guess.

Unread 03-11-2001, 07:31 PM   #4
Craig
User

Looks like it's been reserialized or remanufactured. I'm thinking this is how they can claim it's "unfired" with "original paperwork". Unfortunately they probably used respectable shooters for these. Pretty snappy though.

Unread 03-11-2001, 07:35 PM   #5
Craig
User

Default oops

Never mind my sentence about being unfired etc. Didn't read long enough to notice it was a private seller.

Craig the occassional poster

Unread 03-12-2001, 09:01 AM   #6
Walt J.
User

It's a gun for peopleÃ?Â*with more money than sense who are looking for a pretty to hang on the wall. Just think of how attractive this would be combinedÃ?Â*with a "Rommel" P-38, an "Eisenhower" 45, and topped off with aÃ?Â*"Hopalong Cassidy" cowboy SAA revolver! We'reÃ?Â*missing the artistic aspect of this thing. Fortunately, there are people out there willing to hang these next to the $50,000 urinal they pickedÃ?Â*up at the last art exhibit and preserve them for posterity. The historical society appreciates it.