LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 01-30-2002, 07:53 PM   #1
Dan Clemons
User

Default California Gun Laws and COE

California threw out the C&R and basically said you have to have it and a Certificate of Eligibility. That will cost you $73.

The rule is if you live in California you have to register each and every gun you purchase, another $20. In addition to that, you have to have pass a 30 question test, another $20) which gives you a Basic Firearms Safety Certificate which then allows you to purchase a gun.

If you are a gun manufacture, California taps them for $6,000 per gun. This law is designed again to raise revenue and to keep small companies from selling their guns in California.

Lastly, our Governor, Gray Davis, does not think the 2nd amendment gives private citizens the right to own guns.

Lastly, Residents are only allowed to purchase ONE gun a month. Find a pair of matched pistols forget it. Want to purchase a gun that is not on the approve list, forget it.

New this year is the requirement to purchase a $20 lock for every new or old gun transferred. Plus, my FFL told me I have to sign something about having a safe. What that is about I don't know. It might be required that each of us have a safe for our guns.

Which states are the most guns friendly? Does anyone know?

Dan

Unread 01-30-2002, 08:46 PM   #2
R. Grady/Roadkill

Default Re: California Gun Laws and COE

Alabama. Walk in, fill out the paperwork,(federal) do the fed check, walk out with the gun. Twenty minutes. No limits, no difference on handguns or long arms, no magazine restrictions, ect. That's why I'm so broke all the time. RGG/Roadkill (same amount of time to get a state concealed carry permit, done at the local shefiff station)

Unread 01-30-2002, 10:57 PM   #3
Lonnie Zimmerman
User

Oregon has NO laws like those!! (yet)

Lonnie

Unread 01-30-2002, 11:00 PM   #4
Lonnie Zimmerman
User

Hurray for Oregon and Alabama!!

Unread 01-30-2002, 11:54 PM   #5
Dan Clemons
User

Default Re: California's future

As California's appetite for revenue grows, we can expect an annual, maybe even monthly, licensing fee for each gun owned. Democratic opponents to guns could then further restrict their sales and at the same time increase state revenue the best of both worlds.

Unread 01-31-2002, 02:10 AM   #6
sidhartha
User

Indiana is pretty good about being gun freindly. With a carry permit there is not even a phone call for a background check.

sidhartha

Unread 01-31-2002, 09:40 AM   #7
Jim Van Eldik
User

Georgia is very gun friendly. The DEMOCRAT governor used to run a hardware store and is an NRA A+. So is the Democrat senator Zell Miller. There is another senator, Max Cleland, who is a back slapper "good old boy" who was badly wounded by a dropped grenade in Vietnam and keeps riding this hero status into office. He is a Clintonite and not to be trusted. I'm not aware that the man has ever had an original thought. Anyway other than this one thorn Georgia is a very gun friendly place to be.

Unread 02-02-2002, 02:59 PM   #8
dgp42
User

In Kalifornia if you have an "approved gun safe" you do not have to buy a trigger lock. However, you are required to fill out a form stating make, model,ser.# of your safe.If one of your guns happen to be acquired by a minor,arrestee,criminal etc.You can be prosecuted.Also, you can provide your own"approved trigger lock" at time of purchase. Check out California Dept. of Justice web site for new 2002 and pending 2003 gun laws. As mentioned before it's all geared to resticting private gun ownership and creating revenue. Unfortunetly it is only going to get worse IMO.