LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 09-21-2001, 12:30 PM   #1
larry cook

Default mag

I'm a newbie as I just purchase a shooter from ralph shattack 1918 dwm. Question is there a trick in loading the mag or is it just hard, also where can a purchase a second mag and what price range should I be paying. Also is there any shooters or any people that you know of in omaha, Nebraska Thanks

Unread 09-21-2001, 12:50 PM   #2
Johnny Peppers
User

Default Re: mag

Larry,

The answer to loading your magazines is a loading tool. Tom Heller has both the originals and reproductions. The tool makes loading the magazines a snap.

Unread 09-21-2001, 12:54 PM   #3
MTW

Hi Larry

there is a tool that is used to load the magazine you can get one from Ralph or check the links section to the left for more sources. Triple K and Mec-Gar make realy good replacment mags. Hope this help.

Mike

Unread 09-21-2001, 01:01 PM   #4
66mustang

Hello all;

I just bought a new repro magazine off of e-bay, was 29.00, which you can get them for a bit more and a bit less. This one had a wooden base. works better than my original, except it is a bit hard on the thumb to reload. If you are only using a box or two of 9 MM than no big deal, but yes it starts to wear on the thumb.

Nothing like when we loaded a couple of hundred .45 magazines at the shooting range when I was in the army,

Ed

Unread 09-21-2001, 06:50 PM   #5
Luke
User

I have two different types of loading tools, both of which work well with the Mec-Gar magazines which closely approximate the originals. The Triple-K however is designed with the Magazine Follower Button very close to the case such that the loading tools will not properly engage.

Unread 09-21-2001, 09:53 PM   #6
mlm

I live just south of Council Bluffs but spend a lot of time in Colorado Springs. I will be back in the Omaha area either next weekend or the following weekend. Contact me at dmclain@alum.mit.edu

Dave