, Collector Forums" /> Lugerforum Archive" /> So what is the deal with User Profiles? All new posters please read... - LugerForum Discussion Forums
LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-24-2001, 11:19 AM   #1
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default So what is the deal with User Profiles? All new posters please read...

For you new guys, WELCOME to the Luger Forum.

Just looking down the page, I see at least a dozen or so forum posters who have posted several times in the last couple of weeks, yet the list of user profiles seldom gets updated.

We don't care about your secrets, but it would be nice to know a little about who you are... Although user profiles are not required to post here, they are encouraged... because we are a very friendly group. No one need feel intimidated because you are new to an interest in Lugers.

You need not get any more personal than you choose to disclose about yourself, but it would be nice to know at least what part of the world you are from, and your age, and how you got interested in Luger Pistols. You can even upload a photo from the main page and then put it in your profile. Send it to Dok, and he will post it in the Rogues Gallery. There are no particular qualifications to be in the RG, just a love of Lugers.

Just read some of the other profiles for examples of what can post...

If you are proud of Lugers that you may own, we welcome photos for the owner's gallery, especially unusual or rare types. Just send the pics to Dok at the_dok@bigfoot.com with a description of your Luger photos and proudly display them for the world to enjoy!

Dok is working on my humble Luger photos as I type this...

The biggest advantage of creating a user profile is that if you intend to post here periodically, the creation of a profile locks your userID to just you, and no one else can post using it.

Once again, Welcome and feel free to jump in on any discussion or ask any question about Luger pistols and related subjects. Someone here with the experience or knowledge probably knows what you want to know, or knows where to find it.

Enjoy!