LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 06-23-2001, 09:25 PM   #1
Sam Buscemi

Default 1933 KI

Need some help guys. Anyone knowledgeable on a 1933 KI? Have a nice one, matching serials and Simson proofed. Mag is not matched but proofed by Simson. My question is the rear toggle axle is stamped with a number that does not match the rest of the gun. Axles were stamped about that time and '33's were remade/reworked from toggle assemblies of DWM, Erfurt & Mauser. Could this numbered pin be part of the original serial number that went with the toggle assembly used for the original gun even though the center toggle was renumbered to match the rest of the newly assembled gun. Any ideas out there?

Unread 06-26-2001, 05:45 AM   #2
Marvin
User

Default Re: 1933 KI

Sam,

The KI Lugers are really nice ones and I hoep to find one at some time in my life, congratulations on having this pistol.

If the KI Lugers went through a formal rework at some arsenal and they renumbered any of the parts, I would guess that they would have renumbered the axle pin also. In this early time before the war, the Germans were very complete in following rules. I know that during the weimar Era, the rules were broken to hide some of their activity, but I feel that the pin would have been un-numbered, or it would have matched the pistol. In my opinion, it sounds like the pin has been replaced at some point in it's life. It is still a nice pistol!!! Hope this helps a little.

Marvin

Unread 06-26-2001, 09:37 PM   #3
Sam Buscemi

Default Re: 1933 KI

Thank you Marvin. I have no real knowledge of the '33 but the pin just did not seem right. Thank you for your help.